How does a Cloud Phone System Work?
First of all, a cloud-based phone system is a phone system that runs through the Internet, rather than on traditional telephone lines. This is why cloud-based phone systems are also known as Internet-based phone systems or as “VoIP” (Voice Over Internet Protocol).
Also, cloud-based system routes all phone calls through a simple Internet connection. This allows any business to avoid the expensive hardware, infrastructure and consistent maintenance that is needed for a traditional telephone line phone system.
Pros and Cons
The main advantages that a cloud-based phone system has over traditional phone systems are:
- Only need a broadband Internet connection to start making calls for your business.
- Usually results to cheaper phone bills.
- VoIP doesn’t require expensive hardware as mentioned earlier.
- Cloud-based phone systems are portable and accessible through mobile applications on smart phones.
- There are some upfront costs in getting the proper equipment setup. However, these costs are quite small compared to the money that your business will start saving.
- Your broadband connection affects that quality of your phone calls. If your Internet connection is currently somewhat shaky, your call quality could be bad or may drop a lot of calls. We can certainly assist you with Internet Connection.
- These systems are quite simple and intuitive and shouldn’t take too much time for you and your co-workers to learn.
Please contact us at Candour Communications if you are not quite sure or are ready to upgrade your phone systems by filing out our online contact form or call us directly on 1300 651 350.